Thursday, August 16, 2012

Visit to the West Coast

Recently returned from a trip to Vancouver and the Island; what beautiful scenery! My spouse and I were actually on an organized tour by Road Scholar. After leaving Vancouver, we spent the first three nights in Victoria where we toured a park with huge Douglas Fir and Western Cedar, amazingly huge.
Visited the Royal BC Museum and ate our lunches at the Legislature building which was really neat.
We had an amazing boat tour where among other things we saw a humpback whale -always a thrill.

The next three nights were spent at Courtney where we again went on a whale-watching tour - this time we viewed many orca (killer whales), dolphins and porpoises; was a most enjoyable trip. We also visited the Deep Bay Marine Research Station where they grow oysters - very interesting. And as you might guess, another trip into the forest. All in all, it was a great tour and the weather was fantastic. And this trip gave us a chance to visit with relatives in Comox and Vancouver; and also my  sister who came from Kelowna for the program as well, so that was wonderful, we had a good visit.

Leaving BC, we stopped in Sask. to visit my husband's 100 year-old cousin in Saskatoon,  who's in great shape, and my brother and family in Canora. We had a visit to the old farm where I grew up - unrecognizable as the old farm; it is now filled with about 30 metal bins. My how things change. Inspite of living away from Sask. for more than 46 years, I still love the open prairies - you can see where you are going when you're driving.

Well everything comes to an end, and I'm happy to be home again. Just a few pics to show you were we've been.

No comments:

Post a Comment