Thursday, April 12, 2012

Ottawa Guild of Potters Sale and Deal on Hans Island

Time really flies when you're having fun, so goes the saying. Well it is almost the middle of April; don't know where the time flew, which means another Ottawa Guild of Potters sale, starting at 6:00 p.m. til 10:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 12, and continuing every day until Sunday, April 15th at the Shenkman Centre in Orleans. Your chance to get a lovely Mother's Day gift. While I am a member of the Guild, I am not participating in the sale this spring - just don't have enough pots for a three and a half day sale. I expect that I will participate in their November sale.

Every spring my friend, Rosemary invites me to do a raku with her; she lives near Magog, Quebec, and we have a great time. Here are a couple of pics from that raku - just to give you a sample of one type of pots you will see at the Guild sale. If you go to the Ottawa Guild of Potters website and click on 'see', there are several other samples. And I know there is a large number on Facebook.

Now to the deal on Hans Island. There is a small island 'Hans Island' between Canada's Ellesmere Island and Greenland, with nothing but rock on it; and for years the two countries, well Denmark, since Greenland is run by Denmark, and Canada  have been fighting over its ownership. I noticed in the Citizen today that they may solve the problem by splitting the island. What a great solution!


No comments:

Post a Comment