Sunday, May 13, 2012

Up-coming Stittsville's Artists & Authors in the Park

The first two weeks of May have been cool with a fair amount of rain - though that has been welcomed since the winter had little snow. Now spring has really unfolding all its beauty; lawns are green, trees have all leafed, and the spring flowers are all in bloom. The world outside my window is beautiful.

In two weeks the Artists & Authors in the Park will take place in Stittsville, May 27th, 12 pm to 5 pm, and I look forward to participating in it. I will, of course, be promoting my book, 'RV-ING and Other Adventures North of 60,' and displaying some of my pottery. Their varied activities will increase, as this year they've added a 'get published workshop' for aspiring writers, and demonstrations by the Mississippi Valley Textile Museum. As usual, I expect Mayor Watson and Shad Qadri will be present. It is great fun meeting the local people and the artists participating. Hope the weather will co-operate. Here are a couple of pictures from last year: the top is my table with pottery and books, and bottom, Mayor Watson in conversation with an attendee.

No comments:

Post a Comment