Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Winter - 2013

Even tho it is winter, time has certainly flown by - and here it is almost the middle of February. I have been good about going to my aerobic classes three times a week since the first week of January. I guess that is what has kept me busy as the class starts at 10:45 and ends about noon. Well, there isn't time for me to do much before the class - as really I am a slow starter in the morning. Sometimes I stay for coffee; free for us seniors, so I get home after 12:30. By the time I shower and we have lunch, etc; it is almost 3:00 pm; no time for an afternoon activity. So that is how three of the five weekdays are spent. Thursday is my pottery day, and so Tuesday is left for whatever!!!

On a different note, I had the pleasure of being contacted by an old high school friend. We had not been in contact for maybe 50 years; what wonderful memories came floating into my mind. Gena and I lived across the street from one another and always walked home together - though not always in the morning. Learning about her life since our last meeting has been more than just interesting. Sadly she has been a widow for the last eleven or so years. It is interesting how we all went our own ways after high school, really not thinking that we should keep in contact. We all lived our different lives in different ways in different places; and only many years after our kids had grown and gone, did we think about our early friendships, and have started to inquire about them. I think it is wonderful how things come around.

Not much else new - lots of snow to shovel! Enjoy your winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment