Thursday, January 3, 2013

Busy December Brings in a Quiet New Year

As you might guess December was a very busy month for me thus no posts were entered. It started with the Ottawa Authors & Artisans Fair in early December that coincided with freezing rain that lasted all day, which didn't help our Fair. However, I enjoyed it as it gave me a chance to see other authors that I only see at this type of gathering. With parties and Xmas preparation, the month just few by.

Now Christmas to me is family time, so we see more of our daughters and grandchildren, some who come from out of town just after Xmas.  And so another reason for another gathering. During this season we spend much time eating - and more eating.  And this year Christmas has also brought winter with a vengeance; lots and lots of snow - and now the cold. While I don't make New Year's resolutions, I can't wait to get to the gym next week.

We brought in the New Year with friends sharing dinner then watching a movie 'Big Fat Greek Wedding', always good for a few laughs. Following New Years Day, we volunteered to baby-sit four grandchildren for the day; two sets of twins, eight and nine. Surprising there were few disagreements; and though it was cold we managed an hour of tobogganing on a hill just a few blocks from home. The kids really enjoyed that.

I look forward to next week when everything is back to normal. Back to pottery and back to the gym.
Happy New Year everyone! 


No comments:

Post a Comment