Saturday, July 13, 2013

Grandson now Four Weeks

As you might guess I am once again a proud grandmother; this time of a baby boy, born June 14th to my daughter Mora and her husband. He weighed 8 lbs 6 oz at birth and his name is Benjamin. And he is gorgeous! Need I say more! Pictures are better than words.
   Benjamin is just one day old in these pictures.

About 10 days ago, a friend had organized a Saggar firing done in a raku kiln for a bunch of us. This was new to me. First the pots were sprayed with ferric chloride,
and we then attached whatever materials we liked around the pots. I had some plant material and wire around mine. The pots were then wrapped in aluminum foil and placed one on top of the other in a raku kiln and fired to 6,000 C.
When cooled they were taken out, and here is what mine were like. I was quite happy with them.
Enjoy the rest of your summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment